Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First post!

Welcome to the page! I just set this up today as part of my course work. I just started a college course in Instrument technology and Sound engineering. My main area of interest is guitar making and although I'm largely ignorant to Sound engineering and the process of recording music my interest has been gaining every day, hopefully my knowledge of the thing is soon to follow! I've been interested in lutherie for quite a number of years now, It started with cleaning my shop bought instruments, then modifying them to my own tastes and fixing any problem that occurred during use, and progressed to wanting to do it myself, from scratch. In 2005 I traveled to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to do a short course in lutherie with Jeff Yong, While I was there I made the three guitars you might see on the right hand side of this page, Jeff's tuition and the pride he took in the construction of his own instruments sparked in me a sense that this is what I wanted to do. I hope that this page will chronicle my path to lutherie and if it is an interest of yours, will help you on your way, Enjoy.

1 comment:

19/m/ireland said...

Enda, looking very good lately. Keep up the good work and hopefully i'll be doing the same next year. Karl