This week I made three Cam Clamps as part of an assessment. The assessment is to count for 5% of my total marks for this year's Instrument Technology Class. Pictured to the left is one of my clamps in the "unlocked" position and to the right is the same clamp, in the "locked" position. I made these clamps in the opposite manner to most cam clamps as the cam is facing towards the clamp in the locked position as opposed to the usual manner of having the cam facing away from the clamp whilst locked. Although I'm sure there is a reason why my method is "wrong", I feel that my method allows for more secure clamping as clamps can be closer together as there is no cam in the way when clamping. I felt this was a good project to do as these tools are so inexpensive to make that there is hardly any point in buying them when armed with the ability to make them.