Friday, October 26, 2007

Metal work Module



These past two weeks the class have had six hours of metalwork weekly for Instrument Tech instead of working with wood. This was daunting for me as all I have done with metal is solder guitar pick-ups and fix dodgy leads. We've been thrown into it since starting and I've included some pictures of what I've done so far. On the left I've included a Picture of a soldering exercise, Unlike any soldering I've done before in that we used a gas torch to heat the work, I had only used a ten watt soldering iron for use on guitar pots! One the right is the first day's work, on the left of this picture is a simple piece which we made in order to get familiarized with Filing, Cutting & Drilling metal. One the right hand side of the picture is a lathe exercise we did directly afterwards.

No comments: