Friday, November 9, 2007

Metalwork Assessment: Tin Whistle Complete

Today, Friday 09, 2007, I completed my metalwork module, this is all the metalwork I'll be doing in this year of the course, it was a short module but we laid down some groundwork in the field of metalwork, at least it took some of the mystery out of it for me. Today all that I had to do was remove some burrs from the inside of the whistle, hammer the air outlet properly & cut the mouthpiece. Then it was down to wire wool & elbow grease to take out lots of little scratches and saw marks. The tin Whistle is to be assessed so hopefully I did ok, I measured the tuning with a guitar tuner and found that, although it's not a D tuning, it is in tune with itself, somewhere between D and D#. Most of the class finished their Tin Whistle and left the metalwork module behind us. Here are a couple of pictures of the finished product.

No comments: